Thursday, December 24, 2009

Whew!

I've posted something here almost every day since the beginning of June. Sitting down and writing for an hour each morning has become such a part of my daily routine that I don't know if I'll be able to avoid posting at least a little something on Christmas morning.

That said, a number of folks with whom I have real world, face-to-face contact have been apologizing for not being able to keep up. I can't blame them. I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the words I've published here either.

So the only thing new today is the video and invitation at the end.

Why We Wrestle
There are several of our 3-year-old boys who have started spontaneously wrestling this past month or so. January will be our time for putting a socially acceptable sheen on this activity by breaking out the wrestling mats. Are we the world's only preschool that offers wrestling as part of its curriculum?

Thinking Inside The Box
This is a story about my friend Page and how he demonstrated that real genius comes from "thinking inside the box."

One Thing At A Time
Today, as an almost 5-year-old, Josephine is one of our classroom leaders, but this hasn't always been true. This is the story of how she has taken things at her own pace, using many baby steps instead of the proverbial huge leaps.

A Muddy Puddle Of Morality
This is the story of how my friend Alex spent a year using storytelling as a way to understand complicated moral issues.

Being A Man
People often ask me about being a man working in a predominately female profession. I have no real organized thoughts on the topic, but this is my attempt to put some of those thoughts into words and video.

No Pants Subway Ride
I'm planning to take part in this piece of performance art on January 10. There are already 123 people signed up on the Seattle Facebook event page. If you live in Seattle I'd love to see you on the train without pants! There are events taking place on the same day in dozens of other cities as well.



Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Meagan said...

So awesome. I'll need to remember to have some loose parts laying around our yard once our kiddo is old enough to explore.

I wanted to let you know- I've been following your blog for about a month now... often times my rss feeds get out of control and I end up giving up on most of them and starting from 0. But when I see one of your posts in my reader, I always open it, because I know I won't want to miss it.